Discover how medications suggested by San Jose Orthopedic Center can help you.
Often, medications are needed to relieve uncomfortable symptoms, even while you are undergoing other treatment methods. Medications, both prescription and over-the-counter, can be recommended by a member of our medical team.
- Always discuss the medications that you are taking with your doctor
- We can be sure that you are getting the best possible combination of treatments and care
In addition to taking medications to help relieve symptoms and pain, you also might need to take medications as part of your recovery following an orthopedic procedure.
Some of the medications used in orthopedic care include:
- Anti-anxiety medications – Used to relive muscle pain
- Anticonvulsants – Used to relieve pain related to trigeminal neuralgia
- Antidepressants – Used to relieve pain, chronic fatigue, and sleep issues
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and opioids – Used to relieve discomfort and pain