Discover how rehabilitation from San Jose Orthopedic Center can help you.
Physical rehabilitation is utilized so that you can safely recover following an injury or surgical procedure. This aspect of care is helpful for restoring flexibility, strength, and range of motion.
- It can also help you to socially and physiologically heal through therapy and training
- Additionally, rehabilitation can be done before your surgical procedure in order to help you prepare
It can be difficult to return to normal activities following an injury or surgery. You might even need a splint, crutches, or even a wheelchair to use while you are healing. Once you are ready, physical rehabilitation can involve:
- Stability exercises for movement restoration
- Physical therapy for strength, flexibility, and balance
- Massages to relieve tension and improve blood flow to a targeted area
- Heat therapy to encourage healing
- Stretching to improve function of the muscles
The doctor who handles your physical rehabilitation might also recommend that you do certain exercises at home in order to improve your progress.